Today marks the 11th anniversary of music superstar Aaliyah Haugton’s untimely death.
She is definitely not forgotten. R.I.P. Aaliyah is trending on twitter and celebrities closest to her are paying their respects.
I still can’t believe that she is gone. I remember where I was when I heard the news of that plane crash on August 25th, 2001. I keep thinking of how different the music industry would be if she were still alive.
I guess I should mention the nonsense about Drake working on an Aaliyah album WITHOUT her immediate family’s blessings. I have so much to say about that, but i’m gonna save it for a whole post on it’s own. I’ll link it here when I do it.
RIP Aaliyah (January 16, 1979 – August 25, 2001)
- NEW MUSIC: Aaliyah Feat. Drake “Enough Said” (hot1041stl.com)
- Aaliyah – Will Drake Produce Aaliyah’s New Posthumous Album? (contactmusic.com)
- Aaliyah’s Family DOES NOT Support A New #Aaliyah Album!!! (hot1041stl.com)
- Drake Releases New Single Featuring the Late Aaliyah – “Enough Said” (923now.cbslocal.com)
- Aaliyah posthumous album: Late singer’s famliy does not support Drake project (thegrio.com)